Resident Alien on SyFy

That still will not work if they do not have enough people paying the per sub fee, plus the issues of advertising revenues.
If there weren't dozens of channels among which to spread the advertising dollars, the remaining channels might get more revenues and, because they could be individually more attractive, they could generate more eyeballs per channel.

If there weren't dozens of channels among which to spread the advertising dollars, the remaining channels might get more revenues and, because they could be individually more attractive, they could generate more eyeballs per channel.
Except advertising is moving to streaming because of its ability to deliver highly targeted, personalized, and relevant content to specific audiences and viewer profiles. Advertisers can leverage user data and preferences to ensure their ads reach the right people.

That is something Broadcast/Cable Channels cannot offer.

That is something Broadcast/Cable Channels cannot offer.
Do you lump Satellite in with that? I know my Dish Hopper 3 can deliver custom ads to my TV which supersede the channel content. I don’t know how “targeted” these ads are (could be market-specific) but if I skip back then I see the channel ad instead of the localized ad.

Do you lump Satellite in with that? I know my Dish Hopper 3 can deliver custom ads to my TV which supersede the channel content. I don’t know how “targeted” these ads are (could be market-specific) but if I skip back then I see the channel ad instead of the localized ad.
That is why I wrote channels, who get the extreme bulk of advertising time, providers do not get that much.

Broadcast/Affiliates/Cable channels gets the money from per sub fees and advertising, Providers like Dish ( and all the others) gets the money from subscribers.

Reactions: Foxbat

The Acolyte - Disney+

House of the Dragon