Remote Control Help

conyer

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have a 522 which feeds a non-hd TV right next to it, and it serves as a recorder for an HD receiver which is located about 60 feet away 1 floor down.

All worked fine, but I needed to put the 522 receiver in a wooden cabinet, and the remote doesnt work through the cabinet.

Any ideas on how to get over this issue ?

I need to do something that also ensures that the remote used 70 feet away will also pick up. When the 522 is out of the wooden cabinet, everything works fine.

Appreciate any ideas-Thanks

You can buy a UHF remote for TV1, and you can move the UHF antenna from the back of the 522 to anyplace convienent using a simple jumper cable and barrel connector.

There's also plans around here somewhere for a high-gain remote antenna that can be used in place of the E* one. It's real hard to build. :rolleyes: You need a piece of cable, a wooden pencil, and a way to strip the cable.

SimpleSimon said:
You can buy a UHF remote for TV1, and you can move the UHF antenna from the back of the 522 to anyplace convienent using a simple jumper cable and barrel connector.

There's also plans around here somewhere for a high-gain remote antenna that can be used in place of the E* one. It's real hard to build. :rolleyes: You need a piece of cable, a wooden pencil, and a way to strip the cable.
I think he is using a UHF remote (remote 2) already, and it stopped working when he put the receiver in the cabinet. It sounds like relocating the antenna will do the trick, and it's something that I need to do, too. Here's a link to the thread.

Significantly Viewed Availabilty

Could adding a DP34 switch be a BAD thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts