Reliability of non-DVR Receivers (eg, 311)?

Kilt

Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
As a cable customer who keeps thinking about switching to satellite, I must say that I am constantly deterred by the unending threads about the seemingly unending problems with the dish DVR's, both on this forum and on dbs.com. The problem threads are so prevalent as to be intimidating.

I can live with a few technology glitches, and some necessary tinkering and patience, but others in my household cannot.

So, forgetting Dish's DVRs, what is the reliability of their regular receivers and software, including whatever is used for an on-screen program guide. None of us will tolerate a slow responding program guide. In particular, I am interested in the 311 receiver, which is the only one marketed by my phone company (as Dish's agent).

Thanks.

I have had a 508 DVR for 8 months and have had no issues. :)

The 311 is the new version of the 301, which between myself and 3 relatives, have used 10 of them (all at the same time...me 3, my dad 4, grandma 2, other grandma 1) and haven't had any issues. The guide will store 2 days worth and it pretty damn fast if you ask me :)

I have had a 311 and an 811 for about a year now. No problems with the 311, the 811 was replaced once and seems in a constant state of software updates. But I have never had any problems with the 311.

Possible bad SW64? Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?

DISH Network Brings Locals To Lubbock, TX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts