Registered for paperless billing but I still receive the occasional statement with promos/advertisin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
From the website Im registered for paperless but I'm still getting junk from time to time, how do I stop all paper coorespondence from them? I don't want any snail mail at all, no promos, statements, etc.

Thanks!

The reason being is my billing and shipping address is where I used to pick up packages from and the company has since sold its business and has moved else where. Each customer gets their own address.

I just don't want to have to deal with any mail from them, especially since my previous address doesn't actually exist anymore and I don't want mail bounced back to them.

As far as moving, is it just a matter of moving my billing and shipping address from my online account?

if you sign up for paperless billing that will stop but the 1 or 2 advertisements or "customer agreement updates" a year doesnt bother me and I dont think those can be stopped

If you call customer service you may be able to be removed from any mailing lists. I get 4 or 5 mailings a week from ATT for UVerse. I called and asked to be removed from all advertising mailings. It will take a month or so, but eventually they will stop. I don't know if Directv has the same setup or not.

AS a generalization for all junk mail...................write "refused, return to sender" on the envelope. The Post Office will attempt to collect the return postage. This should get their attention. Worked before.

Joe

I don't think you can get rid of the Val Pack and that type of advertisement, that more than likely comes from a 3rd party ..

AS a generalization for all junk mail...................write "refused, return to sender" on the envelope. The Post Office will attempt to collect the return postage. This should get their attention. Worked before.

Joe

As a 28+ year retired postal employee, I can assure you that refusing junk mail won't get it returned unless it has what is called an exceptional endorsement. That's when the sender pays for return services. Normal junk mail that is refused simply gets discarded.

You call up and asked to have your privacy settings updated and that your request is to remove you address from promotional mailings. Yes we have a system and yes your probably going to end up asking for a supervisor or playing csr roulette as must dont know how to do it.

As a 28+ year retired postal employee, I can assure you that refusing junk mail won't get it returned unless it has what is called an exceptional endorsement. That's when the sender pays for return services. Normal junk mail that is refused simply gets discarded.
Nuts!

That means Sack Slingin' Stan my Mail Carryin' Man was throwing all the junk mail away...........even after he told me to write on the envelopes. He had other strange bumps on his head.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Package Downgrade Question

Normal for SD to HD upgrade?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)