Recording to network drive.

bgarson

Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Windermere
Has there ever been a conversation about allowing Dish Network receivers to record directly to a network drive? Could or would that ever be a possibility?

That ain't gonna happen. At least, not anytime soon.

Right now, you can record to an external hard drive that can be shared amongst certain ViP series DVRs. Shared by toting it to other receivers.

Whole House DVRs have been discussed and dreamed about for years. I believe Dish is working on such, but I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon. Who knows, maybe providers will prevent it?

navychop said:
That ain't gonna happen. At least, not anytime soon.

Right now, you can record to an external hard drive that can be shared amongst certain ViP series DVRs. Shared by toting it to other receivers.

Whole House DVRs have been discussed and dreamed about for years. I believe Dish is working on such, but I wouldn't count on seeing it any time soon. Who knows, maybe providers will prevent it?

I don't know about networked hard drives, but DirecTv has whole house DVR service as does AT&T. Content providers seem not to have an issue with them.

Not quite true "whole house" functionality. Yet.

Content providers will never be content until we pay every time we watch all or part of their programming. And when they get that, they'll come up with something else. Availability fee?

Editing title

What happened to HD Channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)