Record Plus?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
Record plus enabled, TV 2 set as preferred recording Chanel.
*When I'm at TV 1 and set a timer, it records on TV 2, When I set a second timer for the same time it records to TV 2. (Thats what I expected)
*When I'm at TV 2 and set a timer, it records on TV 2, When I set a second timer for the same time I get a timer conflict and I have to delete one.
(Not What I expected)

Record plus enabled, TV 1 set as preferred recording Chanel.
*When I'm at TV 2 and set a timer, it records on TV 1, When I set a second timer for the same time it records to TV 2. (Thats what I expected)
*When I'm at TV 1 and set a timer, it records on TV 1, When I set a second timer for the same time I get a timer conflict and I have to delete one.
(Not What I expected)
Is it me?
Thanks

I believe this is the way it's designed. If you are setting a recording from the PREFERRED tuner, it will never automatically move itself over to the NON-preferred tuner to resolve a conflict.

Bottom line: To take full advantage of Record-Plus conflict resolution, always schedule your recordings from the NON-PREFERRED tuner.

It would be nice if Dish had designed it so that a conflict is bumped to the other tuner in all cases, but it doesn't appear that they did this.

It would be just as easy if from either TV when you set up a recording, you could just choose what tuner you would want to use, and if one tuner already has something pending then that choice would just be greyed out.
Just seems easer, then you could decide at either tuner at any time.

I've had Record Plus enabled for so long, I'm not on this, but....

If you *disable* Record Plus, doesn't it ask you which tuner to record to when you press 'Record' or set a DVR timer ??

I've always thought the Record Plus was not done very well.

If I am on TV1 and have TV1 setup as the preferred record tuner then schedule a DVR Event while there is already an event scheduled for that time it should just schedule it for TV2.

Or at the very least when the conflict window comes up instead of forcing me to delete one of the timers I should be able to edit the timer and change the recording tuner. I do not understand why you can't edit the tuner on DVR events, would it be so hard to add that feature?

One more thing.

If TV1 has a timer scheduled and i'm watching something else on that tuner it should just record the program on TV2...(assuming TV2 isn't busy).

I agree

blockisle9 said:
It would be just as easy if from either TV when you set up a recording, you could just choose what tuner you would want to use, and if one tuner already has something pending then that choice would just be greyed out.
Just seems easer, then you could decide at either tuner at any time.

This would be the most logical fix for this confusion. Also in the long run I bet Dish would get less tech support calls with the system working like this. I'm sure they get lots of calls about record plus as it is now.

4 receivers new customer...

So what did 2.80 fix?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)