recommend a c-band digital for mpeg mini bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neil_kc1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
KANSAS CITY AREA
Ok hooked my fortec star lifetime ultra to my p* dish and a DMS .5 lnbf mounted in a 5 gallon bucket of cememt and on a 2 wheel hand truck for a mobile system. and was able for the first time to log Amazonas at 60 w. I read some where that a digital signal is digital signal. what are my chances of picking up a c-band digital lnbf and mounting it on my p*dish and having any success? anyone out there doing anything? if so what lnbf do you recommend? hope this is in the right forum.

thanks pete great link. gonna find me one of those soon and play around a little. any suggestion as to what sat. has the most to offer? I am located in the very center of the country so have a pretty good view of most receivable sats.

Anik F1 @ 107w is where I would start, they have a very strong channels there C-Band (ASN) Worth the effort just for this satellite/channel. (IMO)

Not checked recently, hope that its still there. Maybe Cascade will check for us.

Asn is up on both anik f1 and anik f2. Currently on Anik f1 Newsworld is showing blue bars :-( Also in checking lyngsat for Newsworld on f1, lyngsat no longer shows it.

neil_kc1 said:
Ok hooked my fortec star lifetime ultra to my p* dish and a DMS .5 lnbf mounted in a 5 gallon bucket of cememt and on a 2 wheel hand truck for a mobile system. and was able for the first time to log Amazonas at 60 w. I read some where that a digital signal is digital signal. what are my chances of picking up a c-band digital lnbf and mounting it on my p*dish and having any success? anyone out there doing anything? if so what lnbf do you recommend? hope this is in the right forum.

I am testing mini bud on 90 cm offset dish . Using a standard Chapparel C band setup w/ polarrotor , feedhorn , scalar ring and 15 degree LNB . I am using an analog C band receiver to change polarity w/ the polarotor .

You asked about a LNBF , which voltage switches polarity ( like the smaller Ku LNBF's ) . That would work better with your Ultra .

So far , I am about to come to the conclusion that I will have to go biger than 90 cm . I am searching for a PrimeStar dish .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA soccer

AC3 and Dolby decoding Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)