Recomendation for receiver

Feline Joe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2023
Missouri
Hi

I need input on what kind of Ku band FTA receiver to look for. I want a rack mount unit that I can use to receive Galaxy 16 (Lyngsat, 99 degrees west). I have a large offset dish, brand new LNB, (which my sat meter recognizes and displays), that is properly mounted and aligned. I have posted on satellite guys about rehabbing this dish in the past. (It is an old commercial Primstar dish.)

I would like to find a used receiver that can receive this, I think it needs DVB S2 QPSK capability. The signal is listed as MPEG 4. I really want this to be rack montable.

I want something that I won't have to get a second mortgage on the house to purchase.

Thank you very much,

Joe

I have a private head end for a campground. I need a Ku receiver to watch an FTA signal on Galaxy 16. I see on ebay used units running from about 80 U.S. dollars to over 300. I just don't want to spend thousands... I simply do not know what I should buy. Most of my gear is Blonder Tongue and Pico Macom analog stuff. I am not brand loyal, anything that works.

Joe

I have a private head end for a campground. I need a Ku receiver to watch an FTA signal on Galaxy 16. I see on ebay used units running from about 80 U.S. dollars to over 300. I just don't want to spend thousands... I simply do not know what I should buy. Most of my gear is Blonder Tongue and Pico Macom analog stuff. I am not brand loyal, anything that works.

Joe
Check out SatelliteAV.com. They have several IRDs that are rack mount and will do the job for you. If you buy one, tell them Casey from HyperMegaSat sent you.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Using C/KU LNB

TitanTV guide