Receiver connection to a DSL line...HELP

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Recently connected 2 322 boxes via the provided phone cords to a double jack box, which was wired directly to the phone junction box in the basement...

(unscrewed small square cover, connected red-to-red and green-to-green, and screwed cover back on the block). This junction box had the supply line coming from the outside NI box, and then the 4 individual lines branching out to the home to the various jacks within the home.

When testing the phone connection through the MENU-6-3, phone line connection tested 'OK'...AND the phone for inbound and outbound calling IS working...

but, for some reason, the DSL connection for Internet is reportedly NOT operational.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? The computer WAS NOT touched during the E* installation.

And the 322 boxes are set up to dial out at the default of 3:00 a.m.

Your expertise and experience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Could be the phone line from the receiver was plugged into the DSL filter. That happened to me when I had DISH installed. When I couldn't get on the internet after the DISH installation, I checked all the phone line filters, and there was the DVR phone line connected into the DSL filter side even though I had provided the installer with a splitter for the telephone side!!

Unless you know what your doing with phone lines you should not be messing with the NID external or internal at all what so ever, the last thing you need is for the home owner to have a 911 situation and not be able to get through.

That being said its probable that when you did the wiring to the box with the double jack ( if you did wich is the impression I get from your post ) then you either disconnected a wire or the dsl modem is shorted out wich depending on who the provider is is a customer purchase.

Who do you work for? Don Lorrs, galaxy, or usa cable?

The solution to our bandwidth and content needs!

DIsh network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts