Receive local radio station over satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fsevenster

Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
I had a Directv dish installed with the HD-DVR about two weeks ago. Everything works great, except that I am picking up a radio station which is constantly playing in the background on all channels. This is very annoying to hear both the audio from the program on TV, as well as the radio station. This is faint, but clear enough to be very annoying, especially when there is a more quiet moment during a movie/program and I hear people talking on the radio station. When I record programs, the radio's sound get recorded also.

When I moved into my house a few years ago, instead of a dial tone on my phone line, I was hearing this same radio station. The phone company came out and install some kind of block, or filter to block the radio station. Apparently there is a broadcasting station for this radio station about 3 miles from where I live and the signal is so strong that pretty much anything act as an antenna. I called Directv and ask if they can also install a filter like the one from the phone company, but they say they have no idea on how to block the signal from the phone company.

Does anyone have an idea on how can get rid of the radio station? Would that be the receiver which need to filter it out, or is there something I can install on the cable between the dish and the receiver?

Regards
- Fanus

Actually you want to lift the ground from your system. You have a ground loop. The grounding in your house is looped and forming an antenna. I used to work as a sound engineer on tours and we would have problems at some venues that were not properly grounded.

Addition.....

The HR10-250 is 2 prong, your tv should be two prong. If you have anything connected that is 3 prong use a ground lift adapter. If that does not get rid of the problem, the loop is being formed in the grounding of your dish. So the signal is being transmitted in your cables. If thats the problem you can make a filter but it's not easy. Someone else may have a better idea.

Listen to Spin, he knows what he's talking about. I used to do sound for a few local bands and that's happend to us before, If I recall we had a button on the mixer that would let you change the ground to/from floating and that would do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sunday Ticket & Directivo Question

"Moving" So My Local HD Sports Are Not Blacked Out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)