Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
Conjuror said:
With all respect for the Pope I just have to go a little bit off topic to reply on the above post for putting Reagan and the Pope together. Pope was a true men of peace while Reagan was a militant war lord just as every other US president since WWII. I just don't think that people who obey "Thou shell not kill" commandment can be on heaven. Reagan is directly responsible for many, many thousands killed people worldwide so I just don't see how can God put him on heaven with folks like the Pope? In addition to that, he had nothing to do with fall of Soviet empire, he just happened to be a president during that time. USSR destroyed itself but one men certainly accelerated it: Mr. Gorbatchov. If fact, as the end of the cold war was nearby, world-wide peace euphoria quickly came to an end as Reagan announced plans for dramatically expanding the US military forces instead to significantly reduce it. The Pope himself very often criticized the US government for such actions.
Man of war and man of peace cannot be together.

I know this is not a political forum and he was stating his opinion...though misguided...but i am following the wishes to not disrespect the Pope.

Conjour, first of all I am not sure what religion you are referring to but forgiveness of sins is a centerpiece of many religions since we humans are not perfect. Reagan made mistakes but was by many accounts partly responsible for the fall of the U.S.S.R. Come on but aside your stupidity and just realize the facts.

You fight with daisy petals ....I take the Gipper ;)

You can delet this post if wanted but just could not let that crap go unchallenged.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remote Help please

DTV/Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)