Re-program remote

RC54

Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
San Francisco
Hi guys, first time posting here.

I just received a new Dish 612 receiver, and the remote for it will not control my Sony home theater box. I tried all of the codes I could find, and did the scan but only found one that would turn it off, but nothing else.

In another room I have a 722 that has the two different learning remotes. Since I am only using one of those remotes I was wondering if it was possible to re-program the second remote to work the 612 receiver, and then learn the codes for the Sony home theater box. I really only need it to do the volume and mute functions.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks...R

It is a 21.0 remote, but I don't know how to set it up to work the 612 receiver. I already tried setting it to the remote address that's displayed on the sys info screen, but that didn't work. Is there a three digit remote code for the 612, like there are for the other components?

OK, On the 21.0 remote all EVEN addresses use band b so after you change the remote to 2 you will need to bring up the system info screen and press the record button on the remote to change the receiver to use address 2 band b. If you still want to use the original remote you will need to change it to band b also, switch in battery compartment.

YES! Excellent!!

Thank you soooo much for helping me get this setup. The people at Dish said that it couldn't be done, but I thought different, which is why I posted it here. Now all I have to do is to teach this remote the codes for my Sony box, and I am set.

Thank all you very much!

R

Well, I guess it was all for not. It appears that this Sony remote uses some strange protocols that cannot be learned by the dish remote. Figures...leave it to sony to be different/difficult.

722 Channel Signal Loss on Tuner 2 HD Only

Channel encoding (MPEG 2, MPEG 4, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)