Re: American Life Network - Galaxy4R

Status
Please reply by conversation.
4DTV is the digital upgrade to the old C/Ku receivers.

There are 2 main encryption technologies on digital, DCII (Digicipher II) and DVB

DVB we can get with our boxes and cards
DCII you need a 4DTV (like a Motorola 920 or 922 box)

no problemo

It confused me at first when I couldnt get DCII stuff....what sucks is blind scans pick them up but no info

3 posts to 10K :)

If its on G4R, its more then likely to be Digicipher 2 as that is the primary platform for the HITS2Home Ku transport.

The only "DVB" stuff on there is DirectWay (Satellite Internet) and the occasional feed.

One more sat question... Has anyone ever tried to get the KET Star Channels 703 & 704 at AMC1? If so, what is the SR for those two? It shows that they're FTA... Thanks!

same thing...DCII

Look the line above it. Thats who the owner is and it has the symbol rate (in this case its 3250)

sidekick said:
One more sat question... Has anyone ever tried to get the KET Star Channels 703 & 704 at AMC1? If so, what is the SR for those two? It shows that they're FTA... Thanks!

In the Lyngsat listings is the column "Video Encryption". If you only have an MPEG/FTA system, look for DVB in that column and the color of the row to be yellow. Otherwise, you are SOOL.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Excuse my ignorance

SB6 KU BAND question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)