Rca Dvr 80

Status
Please reply by conversation.

traceyc70

Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
I am new to the site and hoping that someone can and is willing to help me. I have a Directv RCA DVR 80 and have had it for almost a year. In April I subscribed to Vonage Broadband telephone service. There is differing information from Directv, Vonage, and various internet info. regarding the necessity of a land line telephone. I was under the impression from Directv that the system is analog and will not work with Vonage because it must have a landline phone to dial calls. Vonage tells me to slow down the speed of the DVR by entering a prefix and a wireless USB which my system does not have. On line people say you only need a phone line to order pay per view and update the software. Some indicated there DVR hadn't made a successful call in 650+ days and no problem. Directv tells me after about 3 to 4 months I'd lose my DVR. Well, lo and behold 100 days later with no successful call and I can not work my DVR. When I turn on my tv it says "Welcome..powering up and it will not continue on.

I was told to try a wireless phone jack. It's not working and I am not sure if I hooked it up correctly. I put the cord from my phone into the base of the wireless jack and then another cord from the base to the vonage adapter. No problem, it works. I then pulled the phone cord from my DVR into the extension and plugged it in. DVR doesn't work. If I put a regular phone in it has a dial tone. Any ideas? Does anyone have Vonage and this DVR that can help solve this problem? Sorry to ramble on but I have been trying to get some advice for months and still haven't been successful.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarion in talks with DirecTV on using WiMax-CEO

What's going on with my HD TiVo???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)