RCA DTC-100 & 3 LNB oval dish, searching for SAT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Moviecolor

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Help! I need my HDTV back. OTA reception is not possible in my fashionable hillside neighborhood. This unit has been in service for 4 years with no problems. Then I get the searching for sat signal. Every channel. I have no signal on the 101W. 110W seems to boom with 100 on tsp 8, 70's on 10 and 12. Goes up on 28, 30, and 32 to 85. Looks like nothing on 119W, but I am not sure because the DTC-100 shows 110/119 on the same "meter." Cable is only 35 feet from receiver to the multi-switch mounted on the back of the dish. All connections are clean and tight. I tried the other 3 positions on the output of the switch, but the same result. I have a Phase III dish (brand new) in my compost heap, so I mounted it with the same result. While I was in China working, my resourceful 13 yr old discovered a gentle tap on the dish with a broom stick restored service, but that fix has now stopped working.

I understand (from reading this fine forum) that the multi switch directs the 13 and 18 volts for left and right hand polarization, and uses a 22Khz "tone" to change LNB's on the rack. I can see the DC voltages with my scope at the antenna, but the 22Khz is only about 1/2 volt peak-to-peak riding on the DC voltage. My question, is that correct? Do I need to replace a component in the DTC-100?

I did see a bit of ripple on the DC voltages, about .8 volts which I traced back to a flyback style power supply. C14113 and C14115 (4,700uf @ 10v) were replaced with RCA part 248988. This killed the ripple, but still no signal. The interior of the case was clean, and the fan working.

Oh, my DirecTV bill is paid. :)

Ric

Status
Please reply by conversation.

which is the best PC Tivo ?

Anyone here switch from NRTC provider to D*?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)