Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
ravehdlaterwithjoolsholland.jpg

Tonight:

Roni Size with Beverly Knight and Jocelyn Brown; The Zutons; Razorlight; Mory Kante; Robin Gibb. (HDTV/Dolby 5.1)

I think this is a very good show with a lot of performances and good music. I am surprised that no one has said anything about it.

I have been watching the Jools Holland show for YEARS in the UK, its a great show wish I could see it here, some fantastic performances over the years. First time I ever heard of Jools was when he was the presenter of the Channel 4 Music show "The Tube"
in the 80's

Very Jealous : )

PSB,

I like it because he does not so much talk but let's the music speak for itself. Some of the performances vary from soft, rock, hip-pop, all in one show. So you get a taste of each type of music. Needless to say that to watch it in HD is bliss. How the hell did Rave get the show in HD, beats me but I am sure I like what I see.

I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, but I saw the first three performances (during Michigan/Michigan State halftime), and checked in at commercial breaks. Not bad at all. I agree with Sean's reasons for liking it. It's refreshing to see a show with a host who doesn't try to make it all about him, instead allowing the spotlight to fall where it should -- on the music. The variety is also cool -- personally, I could've done without the harp-strumming Bjork wannabe, but I enjoyed the other performers. I also liked the basic set-up : all the acts set up in a semi-circle just taking turns playing. Kinda cool. I might just make a habit out of checking this show out!

I watched the episode with Anita Baker. Wow, that piece Blue Skies piece they did was great. Also, Embrace, The Cure and that Scottish girl were amazing to watch. The picture quality is FLAT OUT the BEST I have ever seen on my rig, bar none.

Sean Mota said:
Elton John; Keane; Interpol; Bloc Party; Ray Lamontagne; Old Crow Medicine Show; Nick Mason from Pink Floyd
Good lineup. I probably won't be able to see it tonight, but I'll look forward to catching a rebroadcast.

UEFA CUP Live: Auxerre vs. Ajax 02/24 @ 2:45 PM EST

WorldSport HD: Jr. Hockey: Gold Medal: CAN vs RUS 8pm ET

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)