Quick setting of elevation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techniciantom

Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Oregon
How about this idea: I have to set up a glorystar dish tomorrow, and I think if i had a plumb bob and a tape measure I could just find out how far back to lay the dish from the string (at the top) when the plumb bob is just touching the bottom edge of the dish. This should be pretty accurate. It would save lots of time. I just need to know how far back to set the top (in inches) so does anyone have a dish already working, that thaey could measure?

That would depend on the dish's location. If somebody close to you on the same latitude could measure, it might come close. Sticking an angle-finder to the front of the dish might be quicker, once you look up your site's elevation for the satellite (s).

Every location has a different elevation angle, so no one could provide this information correctly for your install. If you plumb the post, the elevation scale is pretty accurate. Just set the LNBF bracket rotation correctly and follow the step by step instructions provided with the system. It should only take less than a half hour to aim and peak once the dish is mounted.

Re-aimed my mother's system in Centralia, WA last week and only took 20 minutes to completely disassemble the last installers work, assemble correctly, aim and peak.

The dish has a 26 degree offset angle, so this could be added to a vertical angle of the dish, but that would really be over thinking the process!

Something like a muffler clamp would probably be better. I made the wooden clamp for my experiment rather than driving into town in search of a clamp. I keep thinking I will refine the design, but actually it's used so infrequently that I kind of put it on a back burner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ThisTV guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)