Questions about the new slimline sats?

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
My grandfather has a hybrid 1000.2 of the slimline variant, and a hopper and 2 joeys, I want to cancel one of the joeys and add a vip, so in theory could I just change out the yoke and the lnb and add a solo node, and have the host port going to hopper and client going to the joey and then have another like ran from the lnb going to the vip? Or is there an easier way of doing this ( I already have the lnb to swap out so I don’t really want to buy anything)

My grandfather has a hybrid 1000.2 of the slimline variant, and a hopper and 2 joeys, I want to cancel one of the joeys and add a vip, so in theory could I just change out the yoke and the lnb and add a solo node, and have the host port going to hopper and client going to the joey and then have another like ran from the lnb going to the vip? Or is there an easier way of doing this ( I already have the lnb to swap out so I don’t really want to buy anything)
Yes you will need to buy something. I am assuming your grandfather has a Hopper 3 if there is a hybrid LNB. If so you will need to add a DPH 42 switch to add hybrid back in for that Hopper.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes you will need to buy something. I am assuming your grandfather has a Hopper 3 if there is a hybrid LNB. If so you will need to add a DPH 42 switch to add hybrid back in for that Hopper.

No surprisingly he does not, he actually has a hopper 2000 and 2 Joey 2s but as I said one will be cancelled and replaced with a vip 211k, he signed up as a new 1st time customer back on 7:1/2023

If he has a hopper2000 then yes you can go back to a dpp lnb and use a node with two cables from lnb and use the third port on lnb for your vip receiver.

If you do ever want to change to the hopper3 while keeping the vip you'll need to add a dph42 switch and swap the node for a hub.

And no activation fee but will be $5/mo

If he has a hopper2000 then yes you can go back to a dpp lnb and use a node with two cables from lnb and use the third port on lnb for your vip receiver.

If you do ever want to change to the hopper3 while keeping the vip you'll need to add a dph42 switch and swap the node for a hub.

And no activation fee but will be $5/mo
Ok thank you so much!

Something I learned a long time ago but needs to be mentioned occasionally. When buying used receivers, be sure to get the CAID numbers (Rxxxxxxxx and Sxxxxxxx) and chat with dish to be sure it can be activated on your account. There are a lot of people selling leased equipment, or equipment still on an account owing money. Dish won't let you activate those.

Something I learned a long time ago but needs to be mentioned occasionally. When buying used receivers, be sure to get the CAID numbers (Rxxxxxxxx and Sxxxxxxx) and chat with dish to be sure it can be activated on your account. There are a lot of people selling leased equipment, or equipment still on an account owing money. Dish won't let you activate those.
Yeah I already had gotten the numbers and it’s owned. BUT you reminded me about something I needed to ask for a friend, he himself has a normal vip211 he wants to use with ota and no service (which is usually doable because me and my other friend have done it in the past with a 211k and a 722) and it has the original card and everything but everything says something along the lines of programming not authorized, and that even apply for the ota chs, do you know why this is?

Change Zip Code For Local Channels

Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting