Question on HD TIVO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
D* is coming tomorrow to install my new HD TIVO. I'm finally getting upgraded to HD! =) Anyway, I have a question on the toll free number for the daily call in. I had a series II Phillips SD Tivo that allowed me to choose the option "none of the above" in the number selection, and that would let me use the toll free number. When I upgraded to an R10, that option was no longer there. Does the HD Tivo let you choose the toll free number or will it be the same as my R10?

Yes , it does have the "none of the above" option, but the toll free # is only available to a retailer or someone part of a Tivo marketing promotion, so you'll have to choose a local #.--Ray

Actually no it isn't. You can select to use it, then call D* and you can get permission from them to use that number all the time. I did it with one of my SD Tivo's. But thanks for letting me know that the option was there.

On the R10 receiver, enter 866 for your area code and it will give you the toll free number to select.

Al

hahler2 said:
Actually no it isn't. You can select to use it, then call D* and you can get permission from them to use that number all the time. I did it with one of my SD Tivo's. But thanks for letting me know that the option was there.
Umm... Thank you. I didnt know that. Just went to the menu after reading your post to give you the "quick answer". I've got about 5 locals to use and D* just added some more so I don't need the 800#.---Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDMI question

No Line of Sight: modifications?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)