Question about the Digicipher II FTA channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tron

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Metro New Orleans, LA
If I have access to a Digicipher II receiver (a commercial one, not the 4DTV consumer model), do I still need to be able to access the 'maps' to receive the FTA KU Digicipher channels?

I am NOT trying to receive the pay 4DTV channels, just the FTA Digicipher II signals on KU.

If I need to access the 'maps', would this mean that I need a C-band dish for any Digicipher II FTA channels?

Thanks!

Thanks Iceberg, I'm just trying to squeeze in more channels, and there are some interesting ones that are FTA KU Digicipher. I need to do more research on Digicipher II and 4DTV, and the differences between the consumer and broadcast receivers.

What model it is it? I know that I can get FTA digicipher with some commercial motorola receivers. I was just watching some at work the other day and did not have to download a map. They are a little cumbersome to program though.

Wholeshoe

Tron said:
If I have access to a Digicipher II receiver (a commercial one, not the 4DTV consumer model), do I still need to be able to access the 'maps' to receive the FTA KU Digicipher channels?

No, you don't need the maps. You have to program in the channel information yourself.

A commercial model MAY have to be authorized first before you will be able to see anything.

Thanks Ice, Wholeshoe, and mkm4...

The receiver is going to be a GI DSR-4200 (which is actually a 'business' class receiver), but I may also get access to a DSR-4400. There's a nicer model, the DSR-4800, which can do both Digicipher II and DVB 4:2:2. I'd REALLY like that one, but its too $$$ for my blood right now. It's even got SDI out! :D

Wholeshoe, do you work for a cable company? What model were you using to get the FTA digicipher?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roofmounting my Fortec Star + HH

Advice Needed on New System Setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)