Question about analog vs digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
I just picked up an old GI analog c/ku receiver. From what I've read, analog will enhance my viewing pleasure (ha, ha). I checked Lyngsat and specifically looked at IA6. Under the encryption description, it says either dvb or ntsc. My question is, is ntsc analog and dvb is digital, or does my 2700A pick up both dvb/ntsc and if so, does that mean Lyngsat does not list transponders that have analog channels on them?? *yes, I'm new to this ku game*

NTSC is analog. DVB is digital.

Your 2700a only picks up DVB.

The old GI analog receiver will do the NTSC stuff, but not DVB.

:)

No problemo. Not familar with that analog receiver, but if it's a decent one it sounds like you have all your bases covered (both analog and digital) :)
I still think they should sell FTA units that do both...

CharredPC said:
No problemo. Not familar with that analog receiver, but if it's a decent one it sounds like you have all your bases covered (both analog and digital) :)

A few years ago, Satcruiser had a FTA box that did both digital and analog.
Maybe if enough of us asked, the companies would put one together for the North American market.

My ideal is a box that would do all of the following:
--FTA digital and analog
--Digicipher II FTA
--HDTV FTA
--AC3 audio
--4:2:2
--mpeg2 and mpeg4
--blind search
--move dish motor
--built in DVR

Feel free to add your wishes to this list!

Ditto ......lets also say it has to be under $300.00 (very doubtful) but lets ask anyway !!!

:yes :yes

I like the HD and DVR feature for sure !!!

:yes :yes

CharredPC said:
The receiver I picked up says, "Town & County" but it looks exactly like (am I'm sure it is) a General Instruments 2700R. The downside is, Thursday I put up my 3rd P* dish, aimed it and thought 'this is the last time I'll have to haul my 13" tv and my Pansat out to the backdoor of the garage, run cable out to my dish farm and do the aiming.' THERE I GO THINKING AGAIN:D

sikma

An analog receiver is a great addition. There are still lots of feeds out there on KU analog

(I was setting my new analog up the other day and found some Mississippi beauty pagent thing on analog) :)

I recommend to anyone who is interested in FTA analog stuff to pick up a turn knob analog receiver. It makes it as easy as turning a knob to go through all the transponders. You can searchone polarity in 10 seconds :)

I have Bensat DR-903MX http://www.smallear.com/R903/ . It is a little more expensive than cheap analog receivers on ebay, but it is well worth it in my opinion. I bought one of these from Lee Richardson who I highly recommend.

We'll I hooked up my General Instruments analog this morning (I think it's actually a 2400R). I aimed at AMC9 and picked the test channel (hot-dang). This receiver also has a scan button that will go through the 32 channels in about 30 seconds...I'm glad I found this new toy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Free To Air (FTA) Satellite TV In Iraq

Prime Focus Universal KU Feed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts