Question: 2 sats - one dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

C-ya

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Hello all, just joined after learning of FTA from another forum. I have been searching high and low on the net since then, and have decided to try it out.

My question is about looking at 2 sats with one dish, which should be cheaper than having one motorized dish. I'm not sure what type of bracket to get to hold the LNBs on a 90cm (36") dish.

Would 90cm dish from SatelliteAV and the Multi-LNBF Offset Bracket w/ 2 Clamps work together for what I need? And do I need the 22kHz switch?

Thanks in advance. It's been some good reading so far, and more will follow, I'm sure.

Sorry I can't link to the pages as originally intended. I was told I can't post URLs until I hit 15 posts.

depends on which satellites you want to get...the 2 degree bracket is for sats 4 degrees apart so depending on which sats you want it may work

Tell us the two satellites and your location. With that we can advise you.
Bob

Thanks for the replies. I figured out what I need to do, tho. I found an LNB bracket that adjusts from 6 to 14 deg. That will give me enough room to play with more than one sat at a time w/o having to move the dish too much. I'm still learning, and I plan on experimenting a bit. As such, I don't know which 2 I'll end up looking at, but if I find 2 that will work in this range, I'm good. I'm sure I'll end up with a motor eventually, but I figured this would work for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

7ft. dish

KU/C BAND CABLE RUN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)