Quali TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
In hope there are still some Quali TV owners out there that can help me. I went to do a data reset and everything was fine until I hit the "YES" button. Instead of re booting the display window went dark and nothing has happened since. I can see the little green inside of it flashing so that tells me that it's getting power. I did have it out of service and unplugged for 6 about months. When I decided to start using it again back in January the display stayed dark when I plugged it in. It took a while for it to reboot and then everything was fine. I am hoping that the same will happen this time. What bothers me is the fact that this happened during a re boot. Does anyone have any ideas, I am open for suggestions.

Sounds like a bad capacitor. Look for the obvious bulging top or split top. Likely to be on the main PCB and near the flash or processor. That unit isbgetting to an age where capacitors are drying out. This is not as obvious and you may need to start testing capacitors or start replacing.

Check the voltages on the power supply unit. Usually the voltages are printed on the board next to the ribbon cable. These voltages should be within 10% +/-. Not likely a power supply issue, but worth checking.

I still use the Quali I got from Rick's back in 2006. I bought a replacement power supply from him several years ago. I remember once hearing a loud popping noise come out of that receiver!

Those have a history of the Power Supply dieing.

When I reset mine it defaulted to Pal mode I believe. Like Lak7 said it could be in PAL. I think if you press the vformat button on the remote it might show the resolution on the box display.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KU side of 111.1

Ethernet function on openbox/skybox stb's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)