Q: Deleting Protected Program - Dish loaded

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I guess I have a password set on my 522 and I just decided to clean up my DVR list. I don't recall setting it, but maybe I did 10 months ago.

The 'NEW FEATURES VIDEO' is protected and required a password to delete it. Needless to say, I used all 3 tries with no success.

Do I have any recourse other than calling a CSR?

For future reference, if DISH is going to load programming on my DVR, I would appreciate it immensly if it weren't PROTECTED or if they had 'Protected until viewed' on Dish loaded programming only.

You want to delete that fuzzy-picture, unflattering lighting, mono sound, out of sequence, informative video?!? What's wrong with you? :p

But yeah, you probably just have to call Dish up.

Tux said:
You want to delete that fuzzy-picture, unflattering lighting, mono sound, out of sequence, informative video?!? What's wrong with you?
Well I really hated to delete it but I needed that extra 7 min for Ambush Makeover. :D (I know it doesn't really count against our DVR space)

I waited until the password screen would come back(30-60 minutes??) and I had the opportunity to try 3 more passcodes. The last one worked.

Whew!!

At the very least, I still think 'Protect Til Viewed' should be the way dish handles forced DVR programming. Or NOT protecting it at all for us with limited memory problems.

Timer padding and record plus

More HD or more pseudo HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts