PS3 Media Abilities vs. 360 Media Abilities???

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
With M$ adding the new feature to stream WMV thru WMP11, I am psyched. I havn't read anything as of yet detailing what the PS3 can do in the arena. Will it be able to stream music, pics, and video over the network? Do any of you guys know?

If not this is IMO a MAJOR BLOW to Sony, because I use these features all the time on my 360. I really hope Sony allows me to do all this. As long as Video streaming capabilities are adden w/i the first year I will be happy, since it did take M$ this long to add it for those w/o a Media Center PC.

With M$ adding the new feature to stream WMV thru WMP11, I am psyched. I havn't read anything as of yet detailing what the PS3 can do in the arena. Will it be able to stream music, pics, and video over the network? Do any of you guys know?

If not this is IMO a MAJOR BLOW to Sony, because I use these features all the time on my 360. I really hope Sony allows me to do all this. As long as Video streaming capabilities are adden w/i the first year I will be happy, since it did take M$ this long to add it for those w/o a Media Center PC.

I am sure that it would allow you to do that... Sony wants the PS3 to be more PC like than a console.

Actually Streaming Media content was announced by Sony at E3 and was shown working on Sony's online service at the Tokiyo Game Show. Seems that competition is good. M$ has brought streaming media content to the 360 along with a larger hard drive, a HD-DVD unit, 1080p output for gaming and I hear that a browser is in the works. I doubt that if the PS3 was not coming out you 360 owners would be seeing all of this. As I have said -- competition is good for everybody.

I thought the 100gb HDD for 360 was a disproven rumor.

it was and I have yet to read anything about an official broweser, But HOLY crap did you see what happened above your post? someone (scott) actually agreed with joesp....:D just giving you a hard time joe seems like you have come under fire for your support of SOny, and that is okay with me (as I will have a ps3 hopefully by the end of the year...but shhh dont tell anyone leave that between me and you :) )

it was and I have yet to read anything about an official broweser, But HOLY crap did you see what happened above your post? someone (scott) actually agreed with joesp....:D just giving you a hard time joe seems like you have come under fire for your support of SOny, and that is okay with me (as I will have a ps3 hopefully by the end of the year...but shhh dont tell anyone leave that between me and you :) )

PC+PS3+Wii ftw for me

Star Trek Legacy Trailer

PlayStation 3: What's with the watts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)