Protectant for dish exposed parts (not electronics)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
I finally got my Winegard 76cm dish to track the arc with my clone H-H motor (the declination angle is 40 minus declination factor, not 30 minus factor, ugh). However, I shredded the elevation "meter" on the dish (also off by 8 degrees, thanks Winegard for ignoring this for years).

I'm not too concerned about color but what might I use to prevent rust on this setup? Since my motor tracks the arc when the pole is plumb I'm fairly confident I won't be moving it anymore but I definitely want to prevent rusting.

Even better if you have a spray paint part number that I can pick up at a local hardware store that's even better. The color would be the same as a brand-new (unfaded) Winegard FTA 76cm Ku dish which can best be described as "baked-on powder battleship grey."

This is an important issue. I painted my 36" dish and motor shaft pre-install, but you will invariably put a mark on the elevation guides when you're fine-tuning. That exposed metal will rust rather quickly. I'm planning to do a post-install touch-up job on the elevation guides. Since I don't want to paint the bolts, I'll probably figure out a way to cover them. I'm using Rustoleum flat grey primer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rack Mounted FTA w/HD Setup

Can not get any channels from PAS-1 with 75% quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)