Programming remotes.

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I have done a dish install with the upgrade to a 722 and 222HD, I added one more TV to each receiver, the third tv being a mirror of TV2. Is it standard to reprogram the existing remotes for the customer or do as an added service?

Is it standard to reprogram the existing remotes...?
Depending on which remotes you are talking about.
Dish remotes - yes, for sure. Other types of remotes (e.g. universal remotes) only if you know for sure how to do that and only with the customer's permission. :)

When we do any mirroring of TVs we always charge a one time fee. We are only paid by Dish to install the amount of TVs a receiver is meant for. So four dual tuners would include install to four TVs. If the customer wanted a third TV hooked up to their 722k we would charge a fee to hook it up and do any programming.

When we do any mirroring of TVs we always charge a one time fee. We are only paid by Dish to install the amount of TVs a receiver is meant for. So four dual tuners would include install to four TVs. If the customer wanted a third TV hooked up to their 722k we would charge a fee to hook it up and do any programming.

How much do you charge to press six keys in sequence?

As of February 1st, dish charges $50 to mirror any tv. If you want to relocate your receiver or dish, that fee applies as well. What bugs me is when people order Dish (usually through a retailer) and want a tv mirrored, they tell 'em, sure they'll mirror it for free. I don't have a problem doing it free providing there is already existing line to the mirrored room. If there isn't, I have to call and they have to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Jimmerinwi said:
As of February 1st, dish charges $50 to mirror any tv. If you want to relocate your receiver or dish, that fee applies as well. What bugs me is when people order Dish (usually through a retailer) and want a tv mirrored, they tell 'em, sure they'll mirror it for free. I don't have a problem doing it free providing there is already existing line to the mirrored room. If there isn't, I have to call and they have to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Plus you are supposed to provide an extra remote for the mirrored tv, thats 20 bucks right there if bought seperately.

As a consumer if I ask for a service over and above what ever is standard I would expect to pay for it. That said I can see why a "local" installer/retailer might offer to do a mirror at no charge or at a reduced charge...hopefully the customer will call them when they have a problem.
Just a thought.
I would expect to pay for additional remotes if I wanted them...

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

An Article on Dish's Spending Spree

How to completely freak out a 722k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)