Programable Remote Help/Cinemar Products?

EricU

Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Napa
Currently I have an older (6000 series?) single HD tuner that I use with the UHF remote. I have plans on upgrading to the dual tuner HD/PVR when I can actually get one.

I would like to use one of the programmable remotes such as the Sony Navitus RM-NX7000, the Pronto Pro NG or a pocket pc running the Cinemar software http://www.cinemaronline.com/products.html

My question is how do I get one of these remotes to work with HD tuners in UHF? Or do these HD tuners also use IR inputs? My tuner is on the floor behind my TV cabinet and therefore is out of line of sight for the IR.

I used to have one the Sony touch screen universal remote Commander (non-PC programmable) that I thought had no problem changing channels on the HD tuner (which is out of line-of-sight)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, as these remotes are expensive and I don't want to waste money if they are not going to work on my HD receiver.

Thanks, Eric.

All Dish Network receivers (except for some model 4000 and 5000 receivers) will respond to IR remote commands. I use a ProntoProNG remote with a model 6000 with no problems.

The IR transmitters on the Pronto are fairly powerful and don't necessarily need a direct line of sight to the equipment (signal bouncing off walls). The ProntoProNG also has an extender available that will allow it to control devices when it has no LOS (in a cabinet behind a solid door, in another room, etc.)

You may want to visit the RemoteCentral website if you haven't already done so.

If you decide to go with the Pronto PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you a .pcf with the remote codes for use with E* receivers on remote address 1,2,3 and 4.

K R Kimmel said:
All Dish Network receivers (except for some model 4000 and 5000 receivers) will respond to IR remote commands. I use a ProntoProNG remote with a model 6000 with no problems.

Thanks for the reply! That is exactly what I wanted to hear!

Now how to choose between the different models!?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Eric.

Use of DP34 switch

Faulty equipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)