Problems with OTA WPRI 12 in Providence

SarKen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
MA
I am having a problem receiving WPRI 12-1 or 12-2. The screen would be black with a signal strength around 89-91 and then I would get the error that the off air signal was lost. I disconnected my OTA from my 622 and tried the tuner in my TV. For some reason I am getting channel 12HD on 13-3. Why is this? And when I do a channel scan on my 622 I do not get 13-3. So I deleted all my local channels and rebooted then scanned again. Now the 622 can not find 12-1 or 12-2.

Anyone else in the Providence area having the same problem?

Ken

The station is likely sending the wrong PSIP data. Digital stations send PSIP data to map the station to the analog station number (that is just part of what PSIP is used for). If it is wrong stations won't map correctly and some ATSC tuners might not be able to find the station if other PSIP data is wrong. I would check latter today and if it is not corrected on your TV's tuner call the station. In my market, Cincinnati, incorrect PSIP data is a frequent problem.

Thanks for the info. I called WPRI and talked with one of the tech people. He said they had problems after the lighting storm a few days ago and are working on the problem. It was the mapping in the PSIP data and he is waiting for the software upgrade to fix the problem. Great call Bill !

622 Video Format Issue

322 Duel Receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)