Problems with CW

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
I keep losing CW on Galaxy 17(91W). The transponder is 3720 H 28880. Does anyone have a idea what is going on?

Many possibilities. Not much to narrow the solution. Is this the only TP that you loose? Are the other 91W transponders at their normal Q?? Some possible causes: Dish not stopping at the same spot?? Bumping the dish one way or the other gets it?? Try going to 97 from the east(<91), then from the west(>91). {One way gets it, the other - not?} Or maybe lost a count or two?? Drifting L.O. ?? Try changing the TP freq + up to 2 or 3 Mhz.
Could be the dish isn't tracking as good as it could be. What 's your equipment list??

I keep losing CW on Galaxy 17(91W). The transponder is 3720 H 28880. Does anyone have a idea what is going on?

About the only thing I watch on those chs are The King Of Queens, and the Steve Wilkos Show. This is usually between 5 and 7 pm central time. Never have encountered a problem with that signal during that time. Always appears to be coming in loud and clear. Of course, I can't speak for the other 22 hours in a day, since I likely wouldn't be watching much on the CW during that time.

I'm having the same problem. I just recently installed my old dish in a new location and I have to thank Fat Air for his help, the information was of great help, but I can't scan in the cws on 91 W. I've blind scanned and manually scanned that transponder and still get no signal. My signal strength is 83 and my quality bounces between 78 and 80. On 97w where there are CW Net HD feeds I get these so I'm not to sure what the problem is.

If I remember correctly, I had to manually enter the PIDs for the CW stations to come in on C-Band 91W. This was on both my sonicview 360e and my openbox S9. Did think that not too long ago this issue was corrected and they would blind scan in only that they showed Scrambled on the listing.

From my notes: Feb 27 '12, CW mux @ 3990 H 14400 Apr 3 '12 3990 Mux disappeared and the 3720 mux changed to S2 - SR 28800 and now doesn't require manual PID entry.
Don't have a note on it, but it's been a couple of months since they've shown the [$] scrambled flag. {Scanning for All??) Haven't noticed any decrease in the Q ( ~83) .

They are showing up as $, so scan all channels for that transponder and almost all HD too if I remember correctly. I have them on both the Openbox S9 and the MichroHD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Another 'elliptical' question -

Db rating on Ku lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)