Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
I just installed a larger dish (90 cm) and a SNH-031 Universal LNBF. My true south bird is AMC5. I am using setting "Universal 1" in PANSAT antenna config.

I know the motor and antenna are aligned correctly because DBS LNB is working fine and can track the entire belt?

I really don't think the Universal LNBF is bad... I think I am doing something wrong... Any help would be outstanding.

TV-less in SC. Help!

PS. - I once thought OTA was boring but when a flock of buzzards tries to land on your aluminum OTA antenna and your brand new FTA setup isn't working...
DEAD SILENCE... Now thats boring.

Cool set up, please let us know how your signal improves!

When you change LNBF you have to rescan all the channels again usually as all LNBF are tuned slightly differently to each other, hope you get your TV back soon sounds like a fate worse than death!

If that does not work maybe try Universal 2 setting.
Good Luck!

The reason I think I may be doing something wrong is I have clear line of sight to AMC5 and the signal will not hold.

For example...

When I get "quality" of 80% or better I keep it for about two minutes then signal strength goes to 58% and quality to 0%. I can power the reciever off and back on, I have 80% quality again, then two minutes later nothing.

I have verified my dish is not moving and I have nothing in the way of AMC5.

i agree with Peter you probably just need to go into your set up for each sat and check and or reset the lnb setting. I changed lnbs and discovered the same thing. all my siignals disappeared. once i changed the lnb settings some channels came in, then i rescanned with the new lnb and all is good.

Can't scan for channels...

Also, I can get all the Galaxy Satellites in the same fashion - only for about two minutes?

The signal won't hold long enough on any satellite. Do you think something is wrong with LNB?

If you have a standard LNBF put that up first and get the signal then switch to the universal.

questic said:
I just installed a larger dish (90 cm) and a SNH-031 Universal LNBF. My true south bird is AMC5. I am using setting "Universal 1" in PANSAT antenna config.

I know the motor and antenna are aligned correctly because DBS LNB is working fine and can track the entire belt?

I really don't think the Universal LNBF is bad... I think I am doing something wrong... Any help would be outstanding.

TV-less in SC. Help!

PS. - I once thought OTA was boring but when a flock of buzzards tries to land on your aluminum OTA antenna and your brand new FTA setup isn't working...
DEAD SILENCE... Now thats boring.

Thought this may help someone else...

Turns out the LNB was not seated at the correct focal point. The arm supplied with new dish had to be modified in order for me to get constant signal.

I had to add 5" to arm and add 32 degrees to angle of arm.

I'm not familiar with a bunch of Sat Dishes but I wouldn't think I should have had to do this.

Anyone ever had same problem?

Whose dish and which LNB did you have that you were having problems with, I do not seem to be able to get anything other that a 56 - 60% Level with no quality.. Using a 90 cm dish and a Dual Universal LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Motor for Winegard DS-3101

pansat 2500 w/dtv 3 lnb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)