Problem with remote vip222k

Chinadog

Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Cayman
Both remotes are working but the receiver is not recognizing them. What should I be looking for to rectify the problem? Remote batteries are ok. Reset receiver many times.

Newbie to forum any help is appreciated

Press system info on the front of your receiver, then on each remote press the record button 3 times (make sure remote is in SAT mode when doing this). This should program them to the receiver again.

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
Press system info on the front of your receiver, then on each remote press the record button 3 times (make sure remote is in SAT mode when doing this). This should program them to the receiver again.

Thanks Matt just tried it and still no go. Tv says receiver is currently off press select to itch tv but when i push the select button on the receiver nothing happens. I'm not sure if the sys info button on the receiver is working when I push it.

Do any lights change on your receiver when you press the power button on the front? If yes, what lights?

Yes the dual mode light is on, the tv1 light is also on as well as the far right blue light

Check your RCA (red, white, and yellow) cables. If you use them, they may be in the wrong spot (on TV2 side instead of TV1). Do you know if anything happened that may have caused the problem?

Check your RCA (red, white, and yellow) cables. If you use them, they may be in the wrong spot (on TV2 side instead of TV1). Do you know if anything happened that may have caused the problem?

I checked the back of the receiver and switched the cables to tv1 but now the UHF remote is not working. The receiver and the tv are not in the same room so that is why it was on tv2 to utilize the UHF remote. It seems that if I could switch to tv2 on the receiver then the remote may work. Sound reasonable?

Digital Dolby

Erractic behaviour from vip 612

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts