Problem with HD channels after power outage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TS1ACE_MAN

Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
Has anyone ever had a problem with the HD package after a power outage. The other night we had a bad storm and the power went out and tripped a the breaker that the box (Samsung 360) was on. I thought the box was fried for sure but when I turned the breaker back on the box and tv came on with no problem. The box works on all channels except the HD ones. Says to call to subscribe. The box and the tv were on a surge protector so I don't think the box was damaged. Tried the old turn it off and back on again and still no HD channels.

any ideas would be great. thanks :)

This happens to me on local channels when I lose power on my HD-Tivo. They come back the next morning. A few times when I was wanting to watch something right then I called D* and most of the times they were able to fix it on their end. A couple of times they weren't able to.

Also check your antenna settings and make sure that your dish is still set to a 3 lnb. Had it get changed on me before, during one of our never ending summer thunderstorms, here in Florida.

Thank for all the suggestion, I will give them a try tonight and let you guys know what happens.

I noticed that because the multiswitch is powered that every so often all HD stop working and it took me a very long time to figure out that all I had todo was press the reset switch on one of my wall jacks.

ok, checked the dish, 3-lnb, rebooted, still not working. When I go to the strength meter and switch to sat B or C it says 'ERROR WRONG SATELLITE'. Sat A is fine. Any ideas?

rockaway1836 said:
Do you think you dish may haved moved just a bit during the storm?

My thinking is that its either your dish alignment or most likely your multiswitch has gone bad. My thinking is that even if the dish moved it won't display the wrong satellite message but a much lower signal strength. It seems odd that if the dish got moved enough that b and c have that error it would seem that a would also error as well but it doesn't. This is what leads me to believe that its your multiswitch. Just remember that the 5x8 multiswitch must have power to access HDTV programming and to access satellites b and c. Now your box might error differently but when my multiswitch lost power because of a circuit breaker all my HDTV channels tuned in SD channels on SAT A instead of the HDTV channels themselves. I also got no signal on both SAT B and C tests but got perfect signal strength on SAT A. Now finding by luck and trying everything I could think of I pushed the reset button on a wall jack in the front of the house and low and behold that kicked in the power for the jack in the back outside of the house. I was very suprised about this so my first suggestion will be press the reset button on every single wall jack in your house. Even if you think this jack wouldn't have anything todo with it still try it. I'm saying this because jack I reset was about 2,800 square feed away from the wall jack that the dish was plugged in. Also when I say wall jack I'm talking about a wall jack that has most likely the black and red buttons on them inbetween the two power connectors.

I had the same thing happen to HD HTL receiver and I took it to a repair place to get it check and they said the tuners that picked up those transponders was fried . I can still get my OTA channels and some of the SD channels with it but thats it. So I had to get another receiver

longhorn is the winner. It was the multi-switch. I bypassed the multi-switch and everything started working. The switch has power but guess it is fried. Anyone have deal on a terk 5x8 multi-switch? I am glad it was not the box.

thanks for the help everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBO western feeds

WB Fall Lineup Preview!? Huh!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)