Problem with DVR, S.Atlanta 8300-HD

tampabob1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Florida
Problem with DVR, S.Atlanta 8300-HD
C792DA0F

I usually set several new programs to record once each week. I have had this problem since installed and over a year ago. The program will update and be listed to record in the section "scheduled recordings" BUT after a week or two it will not be highlighted in the Guide in red. I have to go back and delete the program and set it again. I might get 2 and on occasion 3 weeks where all works well. If I don't check the receiver Guide and it is not highlighted to record, it will not record. I hope this makes sense the way I have written it but wonder if it is the software, just a problem cable box/receiver or with the TW/ B.H. system in Tampa? Would switching to a new 8300-HD help? BTW, I have checked my setup options when I schedule a program so all is correct there. I am looking for more than I got on the BH forum which was worthless. Some techie info. from BH/TW would be appreciated. Thanks.

First make sure you are not telling it to record only new episodes as well as having only 2 programs at any givin time recording at once/overlapping... also check to see the priorities of your recordings ie.. boston legal is top priority and CSI is second and third is the local News... if boston legal and CSI both have to be recorded and the news comes on the News will not record until one of the higher recordings finish recording......

All else fails go to your local TW office and exchange out your box... YOUR RECORDINGS WILL NOT TRANSFER TO THE NEW BOX!!!!!!.. the new one will be empty... the cable box is just plug in and go.... nothing else... and your remote does not need to be programmed to the new box as long as the new one is the same model as your old one

FiOS QAM question

Time Warner's policy on sharing cable service with neighbors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)