primestar pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
I have saw alot of my neighbors with two 18 inch dishes mounted on old primestar poles. i have an old primestar pole but it's a little rusted at the bottom. I was wondering if i could still use it? If so will an installer mount it there if i have it already concreated in the ground.

It can still be used. If the dish is a different size than that pole then he can use U-Bolts to clamp the mount onto the pole or put a pole adapter on the top.

As far as i can tell the first dish was mounted with the mounting foot flat to where you would elevate the primestar dish. The second dish was mounted to the pole itself.

Or..... You could keep the Primestar dish and mount a regular D* LNB on it like I did :D. Cheap 36" D* dish thats only good for one sat without major mods :no.

I've since upgraded to a 18x24 oval dish, but I still have my primestar dish up in the yard. It was one of my early attempts in the mid-90's to emliminate rain fade here is South Texas.

Most of the conversions I saw, and did around here using primestar poles to mount 18" dishes used the "U bolt" method described above.

yes it will work

used to sell for dish network before quitting because of bad customers and being charged back and then they would go and get the customer back and leave u hanging without anything for your hard work. so i would go and get all my equipment back and leave them with nothing when possible

they sell a pipe that will clamp on the pole and u are able to mount it on the old pole but if it has not been active i may want to go and to replace my wire at the same time to avoid problems later on but that is just my 2 cents worth and good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Local vs. Natn'l broadcasts

problems with local channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)