Primestar LNBF from a 1x.7 CM dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I keep an eye on my local freecycle adds and someone was giving away a 1M X 0.7 M P* dish with the LNBF pictured below with two outputs. This dish is OK but is missing the mount on the back so I have to rig something up to play with it.

Anyone have one of these LNBFs? Any better than the beer can ones?

Thanks

Attachments

• pstarlng.jpg
    pstarlng.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 253
I have 4 of those for the AMC 1, G4, IA 6 and G10 dishes. AMC1 I've had for about 5 years now. I like these better because you have seperate cables for horizontal and vertical. You can put a wire on a analog receiver w/o having a digital receiver "stuck" on vertical feeding to it. These new .3 invacom and .4 lnbf's, etc are nice for digital switching, but for analog you have a great lnb. I'm told these Primestar ones are .7 degrees. I don't have a back part on the lnb on G4 and it seems to work okay. Your dish looks rusty. I'd be worried about that.

Thanks for the info Mike1. I removed the arm from the dish so it would fit in the car. The arm is sitting on floor with my cat next to it.

Thanks again

MikeI said:
I have 4 of those for the AMC 1, G4, IA 6 and G10 dishes. AMC1 I've had for about 5 years now. I like these better because you have seperate cables for horizontal and vertical. You can put a wire on a analog receiver w/o having a digital receiver "stuck" on vertical feeding to it. These new .3 invacom and .4 lnbf's, etc are nice for digital switching, but for analog you have a great lnb. I'm told these Primestar ones are .7 degrees. I don't have a back part on the lnb on G4 and it seems to work okay. Your dish looks rusty. I'd be worried about that.

Modification of Dirtyshame's Mount

Ken, here's the mount I made for a Primestar dish with a sg2100 motor.

Mike, that's an amazing setup you have. Ten TVs on one room.....wow. I'm not very knowledgeable about switches, but I assume you connect the Primestar LNB's two leads to a Direct TV switch of some kind in order to use your FTA receiver's 13V/18V polarity switching capability. Does that switch have a second output that allows an analog reciver to be connected?

Attachments

• sg2100-PS1.JPG
    sg2100-PS1.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 253
Hi Ken,

I'll give you the advice of an FTA expert of almost a week!

I have the primestar dish and LNB you're talking about. It works fine for me. I do have some occasional problems with the Pentagon channel and the Casper station. They are the weakest and I do lose the Casper station when the weather is less than ideal. In my case I have the dish pointed at G10R and use only the vertical LNB connection. There are better ones available from sponsors of this site, but for now the primestar setup is just fine for me.

As far as the mount goes, I found a local seller on ebay who had primestar dish roof mounts and got one for $2 by picking it up. I have a post elsewhere about trying to aim the dish. The elevation marks on the back are just about useless.

7720driver said:
Ken, here's the mount I made for a Primestar dish with a sg2100 motor.

Mike, that's an amazing setup you have. Ten TVs on one room.....wow. I'm not very knowledgeable about switches, but I assume you connect the Primestar LNB's two leads to a Direct TV switch of some kind in order to use your FTA receiver's 13V/18V polarity switching capability. Does that switch have a second output that allows an analog reciver to be connected?

Most of the dishes go to splitters first when they come in thru the shed and into the family room. From splitters, they go to the two sets of 5 a/b/c switches where each set of 5 goes to a digital receiver. Some of the cables from the splitters go to the two analog a/b/c switches that feed one each into two of the analog receivers. The one analog and one digital receiver that don't have a/b/c switches to them have coaxes from the back that sit by the switches. I disconnect whatever cable to go to the extra receivers depending what's on where.

Analog wires are from SBS 6 and AMC 2 horizontal, G11 horizontal and vertical, G10 horizontal and vertical and IA 6 vertical.

Only the G4 cables go to only one set of the digital a/b/c switches for the 4:2:2 receiver.

AMC 1 vertical cable comes straight in to the 4:2:0 digital receiver.

SBS 6 vertical analog and AMC 2 vertical analog have to be fed through the digital receiver to get them because of the one cable lnbf's.

Last edited:
You really know your stuff, Mike. I bet you have one of the most sophisticated setups of any satellite enthusiast on the planet. Thanks for telling about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Samsung Dsb 4700 Fta

having problems with set up of pansat 2700A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)