Primestar 84e LNB LO?

oldsmobile

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 14, 2013
Central PA
Anyone recognize this and know what LO to use? I acquired a free 84e at a yard sale and am currently on my roof with it. Nothing is coming in so I figure I have a setting wrong on my meter. The lnb has a single output. TIA.
IMG_0247.jpeg
IMG_0247.jpeg
IMG_0248.jpeg

I have tree interference at most of my property, and this part of my roof is the only place that covers all needs:
  1. Accessible
  2. Wife Acceptance Factor
  3. At least some LOS
Unfortunately, the tree situation means that I don't get much of the arc. I have 99 and 101, and formerly 103. So when I was up there, trying to figure out what LO to use, I was also trying to swing the dish for any signal, and there were too many variables.

But it's dialed in now for 101, and that's fine for now. As the leaves come down, I'm going to see if I can get anything else. It'd be great to get LPB again. I also saw CKUA on 107.3W on Lyngsat, and wondered if anyone else listens to that one (to confirm that it's receivable).

I have tree interference at most of my property, and this part of my roof is the only place that covers all needs:
  1. Accessible
  3. At least some LOS
Unfortunately, the tree situation means that I don't get much of the arc. I have 99 and 101, and formerly 103. So when I was up there, trying to figure out what LO to use, I was also trying to swing the dish for any signal, and there were too many variables.

But it's dialed in now for 101, and that's fine for now. As the leaves come down, I'm going to see if I can get anything else. It'd be great to get LPB again. I also saw CKUA on 107.3W on Lyngsat, and wondered if anyone else listens to that one (to confirm that it's receivable).

CKUA is local to me, so I get it OTA on FM. I believe the satellite signal is encrypted and is for distribution purposes, both internal to its FM repeaters and to MSOs.

1. Accessible
  3. At least some LOS

CKUA is using Digicipher 2 via Shaw Direct, so more trouble than it's worth to receive that way.
Use a computer or a Roku -or- a Smart TV and pick up CKUA that way. Over 100000 audio channels up there; most of them free of charge. CKUA included.

Great info, guys. Thanks for saving me the time.
I also noticed that Modern Rock 98.7 didn't apparently survive the move from 103 to 101, so maybe I'll need to look for that stream somewhere too. Pretty good station.

What in the world am I doing wrong?