Previously (verified) clean receivers now somehow have a balance due....

mattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 14, 2011
n/a
anyone else ever had this problem?

Several months ago I purchased a VIP211 and a Dish 311 here on the forums. Spoke to the DIRT team to verify their status --- clean/good to go and able to be activated whenever.

Sadly, one of my active receivers quit working a few days ago and I've spent the better part of the day today on the phone and doing chat sessions with Dish to get another receiver active. BOTH of the receivers that I previously verified CLEAN are now somehow associated with a balance due.

VIP211 -- $535+ due
Dish 311 - $212 due

This is ridiculous. Waiting for the DIRT guys to come onshift. Hopefully I can get this resolved before the UFC fights this evening or I won't be able to watch the fight on my bigscreen in the basement :(

I know charges can be delayed, but not by months. If you have emails confirming what DIRT told you that should go a long way to helping.

anyone else ever had this problem?

Several months ago I purchased a VIP211 and a Dish 311 here on the forums. Spoke to the DIRT team to verify their status --- clean/good to go and able to be activated whenever.

Sadly, one of my active receivers quit working a few days ago and I've spent the better part of the day today on the phone and doing chat sessions with Dish to get another receiver active. BOTH of the receivers that I previously verified CLEAN are now somehow associated with a balance due.

VIP211 -- $535+ due
Dish 311 - $212 due

This is ridiculous. Waiting for the DIRT guys to come onshift. Hopefully I can get this resolved before the UFC fights this evening or I won't be able to watch the fight on my bigscreen in the basement :(

Can you please PM me the receiver information and I will look into it now. Thank you!

Yeah, I had it happen on a 111 I bought off ebay. I failed to activate it for about 6 mo and when I tried, there was an $89 balance. (This was before DIRT existed.)

It can happen. A customers sells a purchased receiver and the account is active and in good standing. Then afterward the account is closed and not paid in full, it will change the status of the receiver if it was never moved off that account.

Huge thanks to MaryB and the DIRT team here at SatelliteGuys!

Thanks to Mary's efforts --- the amount due on the receivers was credited to my account and I have the option to pay the balance due on the receivers I previously verified or purchase new receivers!

I'm amazed by the efforts and the amount of dedication by Mary and her associates to help me with this issue. THIS is what customer service is all about!

Guide issues

WOW!! 15 yrs later...Me and Dish!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts