Preparing for HD Sunday Ticket.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Hi all. Here is the question. I had ST last year but only in SD. The reason I have all of this new HD equipment is because a friend of mine had a NFL game on his HD projector last year and I could not believe what I was looking at. So many thousands of dollars later I am greatly anticipating watching my Eagles and all of the other teams on ST HD. Of course at that time I did not know about HD lite, bandwith, birds going up. birds being delayed, all of that stuff. Now the first MNF preseason game on ABC looked real good, of course I understand that that was "over the air" I am in Columbus, Ohio and only get NBC on 82, the other locals are over the air. So....to my point. How was the PQ on the ST HD games last year. Will it be less or not as good as the PQ on the over the air games. Looking for someone that saw these games on D* in HD last year, and of course anyone that wants to speculate. Bottom line is that for this much cash, the PQ better be right there. Of course how could it be with the supposed lack of bandwith etc....Lack of channels is one thing, we always want more. But, lack of PQ, man that burns me up!!

the sunday ticket HD games broadcast are broadcast on the PPV channels, they have to stop PPV HD movies to use that bandwidth for the NFL games ....

we do a setup of 4 TV's in our living room every sunday. My HD, roomy's HD, 1 through rabbit ears, and one on regular satellite. Our eyes don't leave the 2 HD games ... you'll NEVER want to watch the non-HD games again. In fact, ABC is the only HD channel I can't pull in with my $200 antenna (and can't get waivers) ... so I won't even watch MNF any more, can't stand to watch anything but the D* HD games.

Well the Buckeyes are on ABC as well as MNF, (ESPN too).
Personally I think the OTA PQ is a slight bit better, also might depend on your set and your set-up.
Also try setting up your games with your Audio system, if you have Dolby 5.1 you will also not like football without it.

I would love to be able to pick up Columbus on my antenna, in HD if possible, but I think it is a bit out of my range.

I can pick up Cleveland some, but not in HD and I think Columbus is farther yet.

Jimbo

Directions for preparing for Sunday Ticket in HD on Directv:

1. Hand Rupert your wallet.
2. Blindfold yourself.
3. Pull down pants.
4. Firmly grasp countertop.
5. Bend over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

grouding advice

Getting DirecTV on Friday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)