PowerVu receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HawaiiFOX

Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Germany
Why is the D9222 junk? Does it do MPEG-2 or MPEG-1.5 only? It's interesting, that many D9222s don't have the Scientific Atlanta and the PowerVu label on the front.

What is SA-Phase 1.5v?

Another Scientific Atlanta still missing here is the D9232. It was handed out to subscribers of the Orbit package using MPEG-1.5 and PowerVu.

Does anyone have a datasheet, more information or a manual to this receiver?

Why is the D9222 junk? Does it do MPEG-2 or MPEG-1.5 only? It's interesting, that many D9222s don't have the Scientific Atlanta and the PowerVu label on the front.

What is SA-Phase 1.5v?

The D9222 does MPEG 1.5 only which is pretty rare now

I didn't know there was any 1.5 around any more.

Another Scientific Atlanta still missing here is the D9232. It was handed out to subscribers of the Orbit package using MPEG-1.5 and PowerVu.

Does anyone have a datasheet, more information or a manual to this receiver?

nothing in the manual section and google shows its used in like Zimbabwe or something

I found an old test report of the Scientific Atlanta D9232 from the mid 1990s on video tape. I took some screen grabs where the receiver is shown.

Scientific Atlanta D9232 front.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 keypad.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 back.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 back right.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 back middle.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 back left.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 menu.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 status.jpgScientific Atlanta D9232 installer menu.jpg

It looks like one of the professional Scientific Atlanta receivers, but with a slightly different front.

The Orbit package used to broadcast in MPEG-1.5 and PowerVu. But as far as I know they did not use DVB-S but something else. What standard could it have been?

I found an old test report of the Scientific Atlanta D9232 from the mid 1990s on video tape. I took some screen grabs where the receiver is shown.

View attachment 80297View attachment 80299View attachment 80296View attachment 80304View attachment 80303View attachment 80302View attachment 80300View attachment 80301View attachment 80298

It looks like one of the professional Scientific Atlanta receivers, but with a slightly different front.

The Orbit package used to broadcast in MPEG-1.5 and PowerVu. But as far as I know they did not use DVB-S but something else. What standard could it have been?

Analog as most of the 90s birds were.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It was definitely a digital package (PowerVu and MPEG-1.5), but not DVB-S.

Is it possible that Scientific Atlanta developed its own digital broadcasting standard, like DirecTV did, but switched to DVB-S since it was more common?

Yes, but this was B-MAC (using a 9704 or a 9708 for receiving and decoding) but not PowerVu.

Does the D9222 DVB-S? Maybe the D9232 used the same standard as the D9222 did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DMX-741 LNBF C Band Side Usage By Itself?

Hispasat with 4 receivers on one universal dual LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)