PowerVu Receiver and BBC World Feed on PAS-9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cfru

Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hi there,

I'm really new to satellite receiver, and unfortunately I've been tasked to fixing our radio station's feed of BBC World on the PAS-9 satellite for our overnight. Up until recently, BBC has been working fine with these settings on our PowerVu Model D9234 Business Satellite Receiver:

Freq Mode: Downlink
Freq: 3.840000
Lo Freq #1: 5.150
Lo Freq #2: N/A
Cross Over: N/A
Polarization: H
FEC Rate: 7/8
Symbol Rate: 27.69
Network ID: 5002

BBC World came in on Channel 1, but now we're getting an unauthorized message. Does anyone know what I need to do to reactivate this feed? We've relied on it for many years now, but I cannot seem to fix it this time. We're still connected to the PAS-9 satellite, and we get other channels on that satellite, but not BBC World.

If I've posted things I shouldn't have, I apologize as I don't really know what I'm posting. I just want to get this working again.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
J.
Tech Coordinator
CFRU 93.3 FM
University of Guelph

Thanks for your help.
Krapola: I know it's encrypted... I'm curious what I've got to do to unencrypt it as we've haven't had problems doing that before.
GrumpyGuy: Thanks for the link. Changed the frequency, but same problems. Still get other channels, but no BBC.

Any other ideas?

cfru said:
Thanks for your help.
Krapola: I know it's encrypted... I'm curious what I've got to do to unencrypt it as we've haven't had problems doing that before.
GrumpyGuy: Thanks for the link. Changed the frequency, but same problems. Still get other channels, but no BBC.

Any other ideas?

I would say to get a hold of Gentry or Wallace to start with....a No Auth message kinda explains where you should start....Have you been given rights to the BBC service? If so, maybe you can contact who gave you rights......

If you are sure the other channels you mention are on PAS-9 (proving it's not a dish alignment issue) and at least one of the other channels is also horizontal polarity (proving it's not an LNB or polarizer issue) I'm out of ideas. ... never been anywhere near a PowerVu receiver myself.

Contact the BBC personel listed on the tech sheet, as Krapola advised.

Information regarding channels and polarity can be found at: http://www.lyngsat.com/pas9.html

GrumpyGuy said:
If you are sure the other channels you mention are on PAS-9 (proving it's not a dish alignment issue) and at least one of the other channels is also horizontal polarity (proving it's not an LNB or polarizer issue) I'm out of ideas. ... never been anywhere near a PowerVu receiver myself.

Contact the BBC personel listed on the tech sheet, as Krapola advised.

Information regarding channels and polarity can be found at: http://www.lyngsat.com/pas9.html

I would say his note indicting this(but now we're getting an unauthorized message.) is the answer....

Will BBC World N.A. work. You can find it listed on lyngsat @ 127.0w on G13, which is C-band. I don't watch it, but I know it's there. Not to long ago, it was experiencing audio problems. They seem to have fixed it. There are 2 feeds, one for audio and one for AC-3 audio.

Al

Thanks for everyone's help, but it appears BBC World had a database malfunction with their auth. list. I guess we used to be on it, but they lost all their entries. A quick chat with John Wallace fixed the problem, and it's now working again. Apparently, it's on a FTA network, but you just need to contact BBC World with your non-profit company to get access.

Thanks again.
J.
CFRU 93.3 FM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New problem...

Getting some signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)