Poor quality on local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kazviking

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Just got on board with Directv and I"m very pleased with the picture on the national channels. HOWEVER, my local channels are obviously heavily compressed and as a result.. look ridiculous.

From reading up on this over the last day or two, I don't see any magic fix that's going to change this for me. I must admit, that I was hoping for a simple booster solution or anything that my local Radio Shack could provide.

Unfortunately, I am stuck with what I'm seeing unless there is a way to improve this that someone can suggest. I'm also very curious as to what can be done about this as far as registering a complaint?

Directv is not the easiest organization to deal with from what I can tell thus far. The local distributor has been nice to work with but they lack the full details on this issue and really have nothing to offer.

So, can anyone help me with what my options are with regards to the picture or how I can let someone know that this is not a good situation? Any word on how this may be resolved in the future? Any plans in place?

Sorry for the long message.. but it has been a bit of a stressful ride to this point.

Thanks!
Kaz

You can live with it, try adjusting the sharpness on your tv down to help disguise the quality. You can call Directv and complain about the picture quality(probably won't accomplish much). You can put up your own TV antenna and possibly get satisfactory reception.

It is more of an issue on my large Sony as would be expected. IF I was to get an antenna, is there anything specific that I should look for?

One step forward... two steps back. I haven't had an antenna in 20 years...

Kaz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBA Free Preview

First post - New DTV subscriber ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts