POLL: Yankee players that need to go...

Which N.Y Yankee player/non player needs to be Traded, Fired and or Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
I'm not a yankee fa and never will be, but this is your chance to voice you opinion on which player(s) need to go.

Once you vote, explain the reason why he need to be a goner.

PS: You can choose as many players/non players as you want.

Last edited:
The yankees have made the playoffs 11 straight years. Maybe Babylon is not in ruins. Maybe it is even good for the sport if some other teams win the championship occasionally.

I think the Yankees epitomized the realization that a team filled with "stars" doesn't alwats do best. I remember when the Lakers tried to do that with Kobe, Shaq, Malone & Payton. It just wasn't good chemistry. You need to keep hungry players in the mix along with the established stars. If there was one mistake that Torre made in the series with Detroit, I think it was keeping Melky cabrera out of the lineup. He gave a young spark to the team and was getting better every day. When you look at the Yankee teams of 1998, 1999 and 2000 where they won the WS, there's quite a few names that you look at and say: "who"? You need those hungry, no-name, chemistry players on a successful team.

Paul Wozniak said:
A-Rod can come and play for the Tigers anytime. We would be glad to have him.

That's right, keep getting ex-Rangers to play on your team! :p

It is nice to see ex-Rangers having a chance to go for the WS. I know Pudge has already done this. Too bad they couldn't do this when Dean Palmer was with the Tigers.

Geronimo said:
The yankees have made the playoffs 11 straight years. Maybe Babylon is not in ruins. Maybe it is even good for the sport if some other teams win the championship occasionally.
Other franchises do not spend 1 BILLION dollars over 5 years (200 million a year) and get swept out of the playoffs repeatedly.

boston area dtv said:
This is what Sox and Yankee fans just dont get...its all about PITCHING!

Thats what carried the A's, Twins, Tigers. Add some timely hitting and defense and you have a championship team.

The Yankees just like the Sox really dont need to tinker with their everyday lineups. What they both need to do is get solid pitching.
You are correct.

vurbano said:
Other franchises do not spend 1 BILLION dollars over 5 years (200 million a year) and get swept out of the playoffs repeatedly.

Not too many other franchises make it to the playoffs that often either---which was all I said. But yankee fans go into a tizzy when they don't win the Series year after year.

They still had the best record in MLB.

A three game "slump" does'nt mean all your players should go and start over.

Wait till next year and put the best team you have on the field after spring training.

I don't know how accurate that poll will be, seeing people will be voting by players they would like gone or on thier team as well.....
I would take Jeter and Matsui and you could play them on any team out there and they would be better.

I think Torre should stay.

Jimbo

Go Tigers,
Go Buckeyes

This is what Sox and Yankee fans just dont get...its all about PITCHING!

Thats what carried the A's, Twins, Tigers. Add some timely hitting and defense and you have a championship team.

The Yankees just like the Sox really dont need to tinker with their everyday lineups. What they both need to do is get solid pitching.

I picked A-Rod Randy Johnson. A-Rod because he is horrid in the post season and carries a hefty pricetag. Randy Johnson, I feel he is getting too old and it would be better to to 2 younger pitchers.

I HATE the Yankees and I hated pretty boy A-Rod....but when he got to the Yankees, he WAS the best player in the game .....PERIOD!! He was a BETTER shortstop than Jeter by a ton! But he has screwed his legacy forever now. He cannot handle the media nor his jealousy for Derek Jeter. He is damaged goods forever...regardless of where he goes. It is time for him to go. The Yankees have a HISTORY of being GREAT at evaulating hitting, BUT when it comes to free agency pitching...they are down right pitiful! Who is the last GOOD PITCHER in THEIR PRIME that the Yankees have picked up as a free agent??

They need to dump or redo the contracts of Pavano, Mussina, Myers, Lidle, Big Unit, Wright, Shef and Williams LONG BEFORE they dump A-Rod. And after some of the lazy / giveup plays from Canó, I would replace him before A-Rod too.

Jeez, Ny is a tough town to play in. Poor guy hits .290, 35 HR's, and 121 RBI's, and you want to ride him out of town on a rail. Send A-Rod to Detroit, we can use him at shortstop now that Guillen is playing first base for us.

NFL Football Week Six

Joe Calzaghe Vs. Sakio Bika

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)