Poll about Dish

kryten98371 said:
I don't know if I'm happy or not with Dish, because I have DirecTV. This IS the DirecTV forum.

DOH!! SORRY, swore I was in Dish... :eek: And I can't delete it...

Yeah, I'm pretty cool with dish. If subs didn't have these forums it would be better with the bliss = ignorance factor :)

I am okay, not Happy, lack Of More HD, and the overcompression making the picture quality not nearly a sharp as it use too. I will switch to Voom if they get there act together.

I switched from D* to E* because of lack of my locals on D*.

For what it was costing me with Direct, I spent $15 more per month and got AEP with locals. I only had Starz with D*.

Since getting HDTV, I am hooked on DiscoveryHD and HDnet Movies.

Unless Dish has a major price hike or lags wayyyyy behind with 'true' HD content in the future, I will probably stick with them.

Dish has so far provided me much better video quality and at A lower Cost than what I was getting with Comcast Digital cable.
I didn't have a DVR with Comcast and Dish gave me a 522 that I like alot.
The 522 has some video glitch and audio dropout issues that Dish needs to correct soon but overall Im happy with the 522 performance otherwise.
I can't see going back to Comcast anytime soon.
I have never been with *D so thats a option I would try if *E fails me in the future.

I am both happy and unhappy with Dish. I'm mostly happy with their service but I'm very unhappy with their VOD fees, extra reciever fees, not being hooked to a phone line fee etc for their DVR's. I also don't like how they screw the current customers on any deals coming out. The newest one for the 522 absolutely stinks. This is why when my contract is up on my 510 in November I'm switching to D*. 6 years is long enough with E* I guess.

I just hope that it does not take so long to fix the 522 bugs that another receiver is out to replace it before the problems are fixed.

OTA Guide data on a 811 (Bell 6100)

New To Dish Network - Reciever Questions