pointy thing on superdish

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I recently aquired a superdish for 105 and 119. This superdish has 2 lnb's right? its got a dishpro stacked lnb off to the side for 119W and a KU band FSS linear lnb (centered on bore sight for 105W) What is the little pointed white thing sticking out beside the FSS lnb? Is this another strange type of lnb. There are only 3 feeds from the dish. One from the stacked dish pro dbs for 119. and 2 from the FSS (one Horizontal and one Vertical). Just curious

now i see

wow that is a strange looking lnb for the 110W satellite. I guess i was expecting another full size dish pro lnb. thanks for the help :)

They had to make it that way to fit it in between 105 and 119 since there is only 4 degrees of spacing between 105 and 110 compared to 9 degrees of spacing between 110 and 119. There is not enough room to fit another full size DP lnbf between the two.

Sounds like you have the plastic SuperDish which has the huge FSS LNBF for 105, that's why the 110 LNBF is so weird looking. My metal one has a normal-sized FSS LNBF and two standard DishPro duals.

yes mine is the plastic one. That makes sense, so since dish pro stacks both horizontal / vertical and left / right polarization into one feed line that explains 3 feeds from the dish. In my case 105, 110, 119.

At first I thought the two feeds were from the fss lnb. dedicating one feed to Horizontal polarity and one to Vertical polarity. (similar to using a 2x4 multiswitch).

I have now found several websites that explain "signal stacking" the dish pro equipment. I also ran across a couple of websites selling signal stacker/de-stackers for traditional sat systems so one feed can be ran. From what I can see unless you had special circumstances preventing you from running two drops from the dish, these at present time are cost prohibitive in my opinion. 100feet of RG-6 or RG-11 is still a lot cheaper.

Thanks for info you guys are always a big help, and I also want to thank everyone for making this forum the best one I have ever seen. All of you are very respectful and give quality knowlegeable answers. You can tell that you give plenty of thought to this hobby. Trucker

Help! Is NASA TV down? Tonight is the big night.

The real reason behind Dishnetwork price increases....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)