pointing, 119 - spot beam, local ch question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark_anthony123

Original poster
Jul 11, 2005
Hi, I have a 3 room setup in hartford CT so I bought another dish on ebay and stuck it on the roof of our weekend getaway house in springfield VT - 140 miles due north of Hartford. I get a pretty good signal on many of the transponders on 101, 50's to low 90's, I get zilch on 119 and no hartford local channels. I tried many different variations and never got any signals on 119. The question is, is it me or are all the signals on 119 spot beams and there are no beams up there? could it be I have the tilt wrong and I am getting 101 great but on the wrong lnb? I saw one chart on the net that showed the hartford/RI spot beam dipping well into northern new england. back home I have a signal on almost every transponder on 119. 110 is empty though. Should I keep on fussing with the pointing or are the spots just not up there? any help would be much appreciated. btw, we drove to darlington SC last year and I brought my reciever and dish and I pointed it just fine but no hartford locals, but this was not a surprise, no way the spot would make it down there. but, down there the reciever said "signal not availiable in this region." up in vt it says searching for sat. btw2, I tested the VT dish in hartford and it worked great, I also have the reciever set for 3 lnb. Thanks in advance, Mark.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phillips Tivo won't channel up or down

DirecTV HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)