Please help with some questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shleprock

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Hello All,
I am having a hard time finding answers to some questions, and would like to switch back to DTV.
First of all, my wife and I had DTV 5 years ago for about 2 years - we then switched to Dish. We have since switched to digital cable (2.5 years ago). I would like to switch back to DTV and NFL ticket, etc. Will we have to go with a current subscriber package? The original contract in 98 was in her name, before we were married - but the address was our current address. I can put any service in my name this time around if need be. I will need a dish as well as the HD receiver, etc. What's the best way to get set up again?
This leads me to my second question. Does anyone have the Hughes HD Tivo? I can't seem to find it anywhere but ebay - certainly someone must have it to purchase, or maybe not? Anybody on this board have any advice on where to start? I hate BB, Circuit City, etc. I would rather buy online. Thanks!!

PS - I will be dumping digital cable and VOOM (been a VOOMer since March lose signal on cloudy days, no NFL ticket, etc.)

Look up in the sky... See that Banner there on the top right for ValueElectronics.COM? Besides being a SatelliteGuys supporter they are also considered one of the most trusted DirecTV dealers on the Internet.

Thanks Scott,
I will use them in a heartbeat, but do you know if I will have to pay current subscriber prices fro everything? Also, do you know how quick they are shipping out the Hughes HD Tivo units?

Thanks.

Put it in a different name and you should be OK. I have multiple accounts in various peoples name (family members), but they are at three different homes (AZ, MT, and IL).

I would think DTV would keep track of subscribers based on SS# rather than address. If your old account was in your name (and SS#), put the "new" account in your wifes / kids name (their SS#) and see if DTV says anything about it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Letter about locals

good installer in chicago?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)