Playback Picture problem experiment - Sony TV

hawk

Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I'm a new 522 owner and shortly after the tech left my house my 522 started to act up. Without fail, anytime I play back programming written to the harddrive, the picture is messed up. I get the same playback problems as I've read in many of the threads here. Example pictures -

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=144129&postcount=52

Either the top and bottom of the screen are black and white with a color band in the middle or the inverse. Almost impossible to watch.
Here's the interesting part. I, like many of you, tried all the different video outs and video ins combinations - tried reboots and resets. (Like the most of the rest of you I'm not an idiot as many of the techs would have us believe) Funny thing happens when I hook up different TVs however. My problems go away. If I hook up a Magnavox or an RCA, playback is perfect. So its my new Sony Vega right? Wrong. The Dish Network Tech told me it was my Sony, so I called and had a TV repairman come to the house. Guy knows his stuff. He can't explain it. He happens to have an old (8-10yr - no new technology in this baby) Sony TV in his truck. When he hooks it up - same picture problem as my big Sony! I showed him how the other TVs work. Seems the problem may have to do with compatibility. Can anybody back me up on this? Are the playback - magnetic banding, black and white, barberpolling problems specific to certian TVs?

Could you be seeing a RF interferance problem make sure you have the Coax shielding grounded and make sure you are using a good shielded cables. Some TV's are more sensitive to RF interferance than others my Sony KV40XBR800 does not have any problems like that but my Coax shielding is grounded and I am using good shielded cables for all my connections.

Anyone with a Sony TV or playback problems

Question about current E* cust wanting to updrade to HDTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)