Plastic cap for 2 3/8" Pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Does anybody know where I can buy a plastic cap for a 2 3/8" pole? It has been raining hard here in Florida lately and the top of the pole gets filled with water daily. The pole is filled with cement, but I ran out when I only had about 3-4 inches to go. Maybe I should just fill a solo cup with cement and mix with water to fill the remaining 3-4 inches. What would you recommend?

I usually get a pvc pipe cap or insert plug and machine it to fit on a lathe.

Like the doors or the rear quarter panel of a car, if the pipe fills with water, it will eventually rust through, if it sits. 16 guage steel might take a little longer. Unless you cap it, fill it full of concrete or leave the bottom open to drain into the soil, it will eventually rust through.

What kind of 2 3/8 inch pole are you using? Are you using the kind that's commonly sold at home improvement and building supply stores (like Lowe's or Home depot) for use with chain link fencing? If so, those same stores usually have small rounded metal caps that will fit on top of your pole perfectly. They generally only cost about a dollar or two. Anyway, even if you aren't using one of these fence posts, the cap they sell to fit on them might still fit on your pole as the cap fits over the outside diameter of the post. Therefore if your post is also exactly 2 3/8 " diameter it might fit also.

Stefan, thank you very much for your suggestion. Yes, I did use a 2 3/8" pole used for fencing that I bought at Home Depot. The cap you mentioned would work perfect. I am going there tomorrow to buy other material, so I will be sure to look for a cap as well while I am there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What Strong Satellites are between T5 and G10R?

Is There Anything on Nahuel 1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts