Planning to upgrade see if I am on the right track.

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I presently have a 301 receiver connected to a sw21 to a Dish 500 with Legacy Quad LNBF. In my menu it shows up as 500 twin.

Now I want to add 61.5 satellite that which I have as single LNB and dish for already (formal Starband dish).

1) DO I simply get a DP 34 switch and replace the sw21?
2) Now continuing with this upgrade path if I got the 622 reciever I believe I could get everything I need from the DP34 switch right? Can I the one cable to the 622 from the DP34 with the Dishpro Plus Seperator or should it be two cables to each input direct from the DP34?
3) So I am on 3 sats 61.5, 110, 119. I'm near Philadelphia, PA and the locals are on 61.5 so is HD. Do I need to worry about 118 sat position? I can get everything that I would mainly want HD channels and Regular SD (AT250) right?

Thanks.

The DP34 switch will not work with legacy lnb's, the lnb's will have to be changed to DishProPlus in order to use the seperator. If you switch lnb's on 110/119 to DPP Twin and then run wire from 61.5 to input on the Twin lnb you can then use seperator. Phily does not need 118.

The DP34 switch will not work with legacy lnb's, the lnb's will have to be changed to DishProPlus in order to use the seperator. If you switch lnb's on 110/119 to DPP Twin and then run wire from 61.5 to input on the Twin lnb you can then use seperator. Phily does not need 118.

The former Starband dish ( I want to use for 61.5) which had the Dish LNBs side mount look different and mount different to that Starband dish. I dont think they are Dish Pro too. Will your plan still work?

Yes, if you can find a good sw64 switch at a decent price (try e-bay as dish no longer makes these). The were priced at around $160 when they were current equipment. I switched over to dp equipment when my sw64 switch burned out.

You may want to shop Ebay for a dish 300 or 500 rather than try to use an old Starband dish for 61.5. The starband dish is offset to receive broadcast from 3 satellites and will be a pia to aim.

neftv, if you don't already have the 61.5 dish hooked up, what are you now using the SW21 for?

If you have a Twin or Quad, run one of the outputs to the SW21 input one, and the 61.5 LNB to input 2. If you have 2 or more tuners needing 61.5, that LNB will have to be a Dual, not a Single. For 2 tuners get a second SW21, for 3 or 4 replace the SW21 with an SW64.

neftv, if you don't already have the 61.5 dish hooked up, what are you now using the SW21 for?

If you have a Twin or Quad, run one of the outputs to the SW21 input one, and the 61.5 LNB to input 2. If you have 2 or more tuners needing 61.5, that LNB will have to be a Dual, not a Single. For 2 tuners get a second SW21, for 3 or 4 replace the SW21 with an SW64.

I spent little time getting my ex-Starband dish to see 61.5 dish network. I piggy backed two sw21 because I have a Dish 500 already. I think I have legacy LNBs because these lnbs are from 2000-2001 vintage and I don't see the DP logo on them either.
Now when I do check switch it went from "500 twin" to "sw21 3 dish" feeding my present 301 reciever. That Starband dish is giving me gang buster of signal.. like Transponder 14 and others are pinned at 125 signal level.
I know I only have the AT130 package but when I go through the program guide it will list all the channels or most of the ones I dont subscribe to but for example I see Ant1 on 605 but no ERT on 603. One is on TP 16 and the other on 14 and both signals are gang busters. So why dont I see the schedule from ERT there. I see many other channels that I dont subscribe but not that one (as an example)?

I am trying to set myself up to get the 622 and it looks like I would just need a SW64 for to get it to dual tuners, is that right?

To use the SW64 the Dish 500 will have to have 2 Duals or a Quad (the Twin can NOT be used) and the SB dish will need a Dual.

If the 622 upgrade is a replacement, you should be fine with the Twin (or Quad), just add another SW21. If you're keeping the 301 you need the SW64 or consider converting to DishPro Plus as garys described.

DirecTV May Move For Major League Baseball

HomeZone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)